Olive juice is a healthy and flavorful addition to many dishes, and it’s easy to make at home with just a few ingredients.
As if you needed another reason to love olives, the little green guys can also do wonders for your skin. You heard us right: olive juice is an all-natural beauty treatment that can help improve your complexion, fight wrinkles and make you look years younger. Keep reading to find out how to make this miracle elixir yourself.
This easy recipe is perfect for whipping up a quick drink on a hot day or when you need something to help you recover from a long night out. Plus, it’s a great way to use any leftover olives you might have lying around. So relax, and let us show you how to make olive juice in just minutes.
Summary: Get some olives and rinse them with water. Put them in a blender and add enough cold water to cover the olives. Blend until the olives are crushed, then strain the mixture with a sieve or cheesecloth. Your delicious olive juice is ready to enjoy!
Necessary Ingredients You Need
- 1 cup of olives (any kind will do)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- A blender or food processor
With these simple ingredients, you can make a delicious and refreshing drink that’s perfect for any occasion.
10 Steps on How to Make Olive Juice
1. Wash the Olives:
Be careful not to bruise the fruit as you wash them. Because olive juice is made from the whole fruit, you want to make sure they’re as clean as possible before beginning.
2. Pit the Olives:
Next, you’ll need to remove the pits from the olives. There are a few different ways to do this, but the simplest is to use a pitting tool. You can also use a sharp knife or a fork if you don’t have one of these. Be careful while using a knife as you don’t want to cut yourself.
3. Place Olives in a Blender:
Once all of the pits have been removed, place the olives in a blender or food processor. If you’re using a blender, you may need to add a little bit of water to help the blades move around. Water can help to thin out the olive juice as well, so feel free to add more or less depending on your desired consistency. Make sure not to add too much water, though, as this will dilute the flavor of your drink.
4. Add Water and Lemon Juice:
Add the water and lemon juice to the blender or food processor. The acid in the lemon juice will help to break down the olives and make them easier to blend. Adding lemon juice also helps preserve the olive juice so it will last longer in the fridge. Make sure to use fresh lemon juice and not the bottled kind because the bottled kind has preservatives in it that can make the olive juice taste funny.
5. Blend Until Smooth:
Blend the ingredients until they reach a smooth consistency. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little more water until it reaches the desired consistency. Make sure to taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Adding extra seasoning may not be required if you’re using flavored olives.
6. Strain the Juice:
Place a strainer over a bowl and pour the olive juice mixture into it. Use a spoon to press down on the solids and extract as much liquid as possible. Be careful not to pour the pulp into the bowl. Otherwise, your juice will be cloudy.
7. Bottle the Juice:
Pour the strained olive juice into a clean bottle or jar and seal it tightly. Make sure to label the juice, so you know when it was made. The olive juice will last for about two weeks in the fridge. You need to clean the bottle or jar every time before using it.
8 . Store the Juice:
Keep the olive juice in the fridge, and be sure to shake it well before using. Then, you can use it in any recipe for olive oil or as a healthy and flavorful addition to your favorite dishes. Don’t let the juice go bad, though; it should be used within a couple of days for best results. Otherwise, it can be stored in the freezer for up to six months.
9. Serve the Juice:
You can serve the olive juice as is or dilute it with water. It’s a great way to flavor your favorite dishes without using oil. You can also use it as a healthy and flavorful salad dressing. Try it on your next green salad or in pasta salads for a delicious and healthy meal.
You can try blending olives with their pits if you’re looking for a more potent olive juice. Just be sure to strain the mixture well to avoid any bitterness. You can also add other ingredients like garlic, herbs, or spices to flavor the juice. Just be creative and have fun with it!
10. Enjoy You Juice:
Now that you know how you can make olive juice, you can enjoy it anytime you like. Just be sure to store it properly and use it within a few days for the best results. Try experimenting with different flavors and ingredients to create your unique olive juice. Enjoy!
By following these simple steps, you can easily make your own olive juice at home. Be sure to use fresh olives and lemon juice for the best flavor. Enjoy!
You Can Check It Out Fix a Juicer
7 Health Reasons Why You Should Drink Olive Juice
Olive juice, also known as olive brine, is a juice made by marinating olives in water and vinegar. While many people discard the juice when using olives, it can be a healthy addition to your diet. Here are 7 health reasons why you should drink olive juice:
- Decreases inflammation: Olive juice contains oleocanthal, a compound that has anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking it regularly can help reduce inflammation in the body, which is believed to be a root cause of many chronic diseases.
- Lowers blood pressure: Olive juice is rich in polyphenols, which can help lower blood pressure. A study published in the journal Nutrients found that consuming olive juice for six weeks significantly reduced both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Promotes gut health: The probiotics found in olive juice can help promote healthy gut flora. This can lead to improved digestion and a stronger immune system.
- Boosts hydration: Olive juice is a great source of hydration, which is essential for overall health. It can help replenish fluids lost during exercise, hot weather, or illness.
- Supports heart health: Olive juice’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties can help reduce the risk of heart disease. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming polyphenol-rich olive oil improved cardiovascular risk factors in participants.
- Helps prevent cancer: The polyphenols found in olive juice have been shown to have anti-cancer properties. They can help protect against certain types of cancer, including breast, colon, and prostate cancer.
- Aids weight loss: The probiotics found in olive juice can help boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. Additionally, the low-calorie content of olive juice makes it a healthy beverage option for those looking to lose weight.
Drinking olive juice has many health benefits, and incorporating it into your diet is a simple way to improve your overall health.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Use a juicer for best results.
- If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a blender or food processor instead. Just blend or process the olives until they’re as smooth as possible, then strain the pulp through a cheesecloth or coffee filter.
- You can add other ingredients to your olive juice, like lemon juice, garlic, or herbs. Be sure to taste as you go and adjust the flavors to your preference.
- Olive juice will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make sure to use ripe olives for the best flavor. If your olives are too bitter, you can try soaking them in water for a few hours before juicing them.
- If you want to make a larger batch of olive juice, just scale up the ingredients accordingly.
Making your own olive juice is a great way to get the most out of your olives. Not only is it a delicious and healthy drink, but it’s also straightforward to make at home. All you need is a juicer (or a blender or food processor), some olives, and a little time.
What Are the Differences Between Olive Brine and Olive Juice?
Olive brine is the salty water that olives are soaked in before they’re canned or jarred. It’s made up of water, salt, and sometimes other ingredients like vinegar or spices. Olive juice is the liquid that’s left after the olives are pressed for oil. It’s made up of water and olive pulp, and it has a more intense flavor than olive brine.
Which one you use depends on your preferences and what you’re using it for. If you’re looking for a salty, flavorful liquid to add to dishes, then olive brine is the way to go. If you want a more mild-tasting liquid that can be used in place of olive oil, then olive juice is a better option.
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Olive Juice?
Olive juice is a healthy and flavorful addition to your diet. It’s packed with antioxidants, which can help protect your body against disease. Moreover, drinking olive juice is a great way to get your daily recommended intake of fruits and vegetables.
Olive is a great source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that can help protect your body against damage from free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause cell damage and lead to chronic diseases such as cancer. Olive juice is a rich source of antioxidants, including polyphenols and flavonoids. These antioxidants can scavenge free radicals, preventing them from causing cell damage.
In addition to being a good source of antioxidants, olive juice is also a great source of monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats are beneficial for your heart health. They can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels. Moreover, monounsaturated fats can help reduce your risk of heart disease.
Olive juice can also help improve your digestion. The healthy fats in olive juice can help promote a healthy digestive system. In addition, the soluble fiber in olive juice can help keep you regular and prevent constipation. Moreover, the polyphenols in olive juice can help reduce inflammation in your gut.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, olive juice can also give you a boost of energy. The healthy fats in olive juice can help increase your metabolism. In addition, the antioxidants in olive juice can help fight off fatigue and improve your overall energy levels.
So there you have it! A simple guide on how to make olive juice. As you can see, the process is relatively easy and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or equipment. All you need is good quality olive oil and some patience. Give this recipe a try, and let us know how it turns out for you.
In conclusion, olive juice can be made in various ways, all of which are simple and straightforward. With just a few ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can make your own delicious olive juice at home.
Hopefully, This blog will help you learn about making olive juice. Do you have any tips or tricks for making delicious olive juice? Share them with us in the comments below.